Grade 8 Information Night
W-O’s Grade 8 Information Night was on Wednesday November 28th. If you were unable to attend and have questions, please call W-O’s Guidance Office or email email@example.com.
Grade 8 to 9 Registration
If you live in the Waterloo Region, Grade 8 students receive their transition information at their current grade 8 school.
If you are registered at an elementary school outside of the Waterloo Region District School Board and would like to register at W-O, please complete and bring the following items to W-O’s Guidance Department by February 15, 2019.
- Complete a Student Registration Form online OR print the Student Registration Form. If you choose the online option, click the online link above and select Sign In on the top right corner of the screen, then follow the instructions.
- Grade 9 Course Selection Sheet
- Consent to Share
- Proof of Education – most recent report card
- Copy of your student’s IEP (if applicable)
- Proof of Custody (if applicable)
Present Proof of Birth and Proof of Address to the Guidance Department when you hand in the registration package. Please do not include photocopies of these documents. We cannot accept Proof of Birth by fax, mail or email.
Please review the Grade 9 Course Description Flyer 2019_2020 for course offerings, detailed course descriptions, Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) requirements and important dates.
All other Registrations for 2018/2019 school year:
The following documentation is required to register at Waterloo-Oxford District Secondary School:
- Birth Certificate, OR Permanent Resident Card, OR Passport, OR Canadian Citizenship Card
- Proof of Address (Utility bill, OR a bill with a full name and address, OR a copy of offer to purchase a residence OR a copy of a lease/rental agreement)
- Transcript OR Credit Counselling Summary (preferred) OR a Recent Report Card
- IEP where applicable
- Completed registration form
Note: If you are a student within the Region of Waterloo, you will need to request a Principal to Principal transfer from your current school to begin the registration process.
If you have any questions, please email Paula Kipfer.