Grade 8 Information Night
W-O’s Grade 8 Information Night was held on Wednesday November 27th, 2019. If you were unable to attend and have questions about W-O, please contact Paula Kipfer, Guidance Department Head at 519-634-5441 ext. 5525.
Grade 8 to 9 Registration
Grade 8 students who are attending a WRDSB elementary school will receive their course selection information for the appropriate secondary school at their current elementary school.
If you are registered at an elementary school that is not part of the Waterloo Region District School Board and would like to register at W-O, please complete the following documents and bring the following items to W-O’s Guidance Department by February 14th, 2020.
- Complete a Student Registration Form online OR click on the following link to print a paper copy: FS-19-H-Student-Registration-Form-June-2019 If you choose the online option, click the online link above and select Sign In on the top right corner of the screen, then follow the instructions.
- Grade 9 Course Selection Sheet
- Consent to Share
- Proof of Education – most recent report card
- Copy of your student’s IEP (if applicable)
- Proof of Custody (if applicable)
Present Proof of Birth and Proof of Address to the Guidance Department when you hand in the registration package. Please do not include photocopies of these documents. We cannot accept Proof of Birth by fax, mail or email.
Please review the Grade 9 Course Offerings 2020_2021 for course offerings, detailed course descriptions, Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) requirements and important dates.
All other Registrations for 2019/2020 school year:
The following documentation is required to register at Waterloo-Oxford District Secondary School:
- Birth Certificate, OR Permanent Resident Card, OR Passport, OR Canadian Citizenship Card
- Proof of Address (Utility bill, OR a bill with a full name and address, OR a copy of offer to purchase a residence OR a copy of a lease/rental agreement)
- Transcript OR Credit Counselling Summary (preferred) OR a Recent Report Card
- IEP where applicable
- Completed registration form
Note: If you are a student within the Region of Waterloo, you will need to request a Principal to Principal transfer from your current school to begin the registration process.
Changing schools may affect your Athletic Eligibility so check out the rules and regulations for the Waterloo County Secondary Schools Athletics Association (WCSSAA).
7.3 WCSSAA Transfer Policy
7.3.1 No school shall include in its line-up any student who has been registered as a
transfer from another school within the previous twelve (12) months
If you have any questions, please email Paula Kipfer.