January 9th, 2020
What will the OSSLT look like at WODSS?
The Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (OSSLT) will be written on Tuesday, March 31st, from 8:30am –11:45am. This compulsory test will be written by all grade 10 students and any senior students who still require the completion of this test to graduate. Alpha lists by surname will be posted in the main foyer indicating testing room locations. Please note that NO electronic devices (phones, laptops, i-pods, tablets, watches, etc) are allowed in the test room (leave them at home or in your locker).
There will be no formal classes following the test. Teachers will be available in designated department classrooms from 12:30 – 2:24 p.m. for any students seeking extra help.
In order to create a positive environment that will optimize the conditions for successful completion of the OSSLT, the instructional school day has been modified for all students at WODSS. The following is the timetable for March 31st:
Timetable for Tuesday, March 31, 2020:
7:50 – 8:15 am Fresh Fruit / Granola Bars / Juice available in the cafeteria
8:20 am Report to assigned test rooms
8:30 – 10:00 am Begin OSSLT Booklet #1
10:00 – 10:15 am Break
10:15 – 11:45 am Begin OSSLT Booklet #2
11:45 – 11:55 am Complete survey
11:55 am – 12:30 pm Lunch
12:30 – 2:24 pm Tutorial Sessions
It is important to note the following about the day’s structure:
- Students who are not writing the test will only have access to the cafeteria for quiet, independent study while the test is in progress.
- The library will be unavailable because this space is required to support the administration of the test.
- School buses will run at their regular times.
- When the test period is complete, teachers will be available to provide all students with tutorial assistance in all subjects. Teachers will announce to their students, and post in their classrooms, the location for their tutorial sessions.
- Regular attendance reporting procedures remain in effect for this day. Any student who does not attend school will be marked absent.
OSSLT Preparations at WODSS
Additional Supports from EQAO
Practice booklets are below, as well as a summary sheet on tips for the literacy test.
Included below are sample answers and answer keys for the practice booklets above: